Gynecologic Pathology Fellowship
For More Information
- Joseph Rabban, MD, MPH
- Kirsten Dahmen
- Phone: (415) 353-7359
- Fax: (415) 514-8928
- UCSF Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- 185 Berry Street, Lobby 2, Suite 100
- Box 0506
- San Francisco, CA 94143-0506
12 months, starting July 1.
UCSF Women’s Hospital at Mission Bay
Charles Zaloudek, MD
Joseph Rabban, MD, MPH
Karuna Garg, MD
Primary Clinical Role of GYN Fellow
1. Manage GYN consult cases with faculty.
2. Manage GYN confirmation cases with faculty.
3. Manage GYN tumor board cases with faculty.
4. Run weekly GYN tumor board.
5. Provide occasional intraoperative specimen evaluation back-up for GYN cases.
Additional Clinical Duties of GYN Fellow (not primary case management)
1. Preview and sit in on signout of inhouse GYN BIGS/BX cases.
2. Rotate through Dysplasia clinic pathology case signout with Dr. Darragh.
Teaching Duties of GYN Fellow
1. Assist in teaching GYN grossing and histopathology to residents.
2. Assist in teaching GYN laboratories for medical school courses.
3. Assist in maintaining GYN teaching case files.
Research Duties of GYN Fellow
1. Participate in GYN clinical research projects with GYN pathology faculty.
Please contact Dr. Rabban for details.
36 months of Anatomic Pathology training before starting the fellowship (it is preferred that the most recent 12 of these months are completed in a Surgical Pathology Fellowship)
- 2014-2015: Filled
- 2015-2016: Filled
- 2016-2017: Currently accepting applications up to October 31, 2014.
- 2017 and beyond: Not currently accepting applications, but please feel free to contact Dr. Rabban directly to discuss.
Applications are accepted only via our online application system, located at this link:
Please use the link above to apply for the Cytopathology Fellowship for the academic year 2016-17. It is best to open this link in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
If you are a Foreign Medical Graduate, please use the link below to navigate to the UCSF GME Foreign Medical Graduate web page. You must complete the steps provided on their web page prior to applying to any of our fellowships.