Gynecologic Pathology Fellowship
For More Information
- Juliana Hinch
- Phone: (415) 353-7331
- Fax: (415) 514-8928
- University of California, San Francisco
- Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- 185 Berry Street, Suite 100
- Campus Box 0506
- San Francisco, CA 94107
12 months, starting July 1.
UCSF Women’s Hospital at Mission Bay
Primary Clinical Role of GYN Fellow
1. Manage GYN consult cases with faculty.
2. Manage GYN confirmation cases with faculty.
3. Manage GYN tumor board cases with faculty.
4. Run weekly GYN tumor board.
5. Provide occasional intraoperative specimen evaluation back-up for GYN cases.
Additional Clinical Duties of GYN Fellow (not primary case management)
1. Preview and sit in on signout of inhouse GYN BIGS/BX cases.
2. Rotate through Dysplasia clinic pathology case signout with Dr. Darragh.
Teaching Duties of GYN Fellow
1. Assist in teaching GYN grossing and histopathology to residents.
2. Assist in teaching GYN laboratories for medical school courses.
3. Assist in maintaining GYN teaching case files.
Research Duties of GYN Fellow
1. Participate in GYN clinical research projects with GYN pathology faculty.
Please contact Dr. Rabban for details.
36 months of Anatomic Pathology training before starting the fellowship. It is required that 12 of these months are completed in a Surgical Pathology Fellowship.
- 2015-2016: Filled
- 2016-2017: Filled
- 2017-2018: Filled
- 2018-2019 and beyond: Not currently accepting applications, but please feel free to contact Dr. Rabban directly to discuss.
Applications are accepted only via our online application system, located at this link:
If you are a Foreign Medical Graduate, please use the link below to navigate to the UCSF GME Foreign Medical Graduate web page. You must complete the steps provided on their web page prior to applying to any of our fellowships.