Gynecologic Pathology Fellowship
For More Information
- Joseph Rabban, MD, MPH
- Caren Hale
- Phone: (415) 353-7331
- Fax: (415) 514-8928
- UCSF Department of Pathology
- 185 Berry Street, Box 0506
- Lobby 2, Suite 100
- San Francisco, CA 94107
12 months, starting July 1.
Moffitt Hospital, Parnassus Campus
Charles Zaloudek, MD
Joseph Rabban, MD, MPH
Karuna Garg MD (beginning late 2012)
Primary Clinical Role of GYN Fellow
1. Manage GYN consult cases with faculty.
2. Manage GYN confirmation cases with faculty.
3. Manage GYN tumor board cases with faculty.
4. Run weekly GYN tumor board.
5. Provide occasional intraoperative specimen evaluation back-up for GYN cases.
Additional Clinical Duties of GYN Fellow (not primary case management)
1. Preview and sit in on signout of inhouse GYN BIGS/BX cases.
2. Rotate through Dysplasia clinic pathology case signout with Dr. Darragh.
Teaching Duties of GYN Fellow
1. Assist in teaching GYN grossing and histopathology to residents.
2. Assist in teaching GYN laboratories for medical school courses.
3. Assist in maintaining GYN teaching case files.
Research Duties of GYN Fellow
1. Participate in GYN clinical research projects with GYN pathology faculty.
None required, though the option to arrange this can be discussed.
Two years of anatomic pathology residency training are required before starting the fellowship.
Please ensure that your application materials are complete by the deadline listed below. A complete application consists of the application form, your most current C.V. and three letters of recommendation. Please note that we only accept electronic application materials that are submitted by email to Kirsten Dahmen. The authors of your letters of recommendation should also directly email their recommendation letter to Kirsten Dahmen. Paper versions of the application materials will not be accepted.
- 2014-2015: Filled
- 2015-2016: Filled
- 2016-2017: Accepting applications up to Oct 31, 2014