Ryan M. Gill, MD, PhD
Research and Clinical Interests
Medical liver disease, liver transplantation, inflammatory bowel disease, liver/GI neoplasia, and lymphoma diagnosis, prognosis, and molecular treatment targets.
- Gill RM, Ni J, Hunt JS. Differential expression of LIGHT and its receptors in human placentas and amniochorion membranes. American Journal of Pathology, 161(6) 2011-2017, 2002.
- Gill RM, Lee TH, Utter GH, Reed WF, Wen L, Chafets D, Busch MP. The TNF (-308A) polymorphism is associated with microchimerism in transfused trauma patients. Blood, 111(7) 3880-3883, 2008.
- Gill RM, O’Donnell R, Horvai A. Utility of Immunohistochemistry for Endothelial Markers in Distinguishing Epithelioid Hemangioendothelioma From Carcinoma Metastatic to Bone. Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, 133 967-972, 2009.
- Hunt JS, Pace JL, Gill RM. Immunoregulatory Molecules in Human Placentas: Potential for Diverse Roles in Pregnancy. International Journal of Developmental Biology, 54(2-3):457-467, 2010.
- Gill RM, Ferrell LD. Vanishing bile duct syndrome associated with peripheral T-cell lymphoma arising in a post-transplant setting. Hepatology, 5(15):1856-1857, 2010.
- Gill RM, Kakar S, Ferrell L. 18. Macrophage infiltrate. Consultant Pathology 4- Liver Pathology, Demos Medical Publishing, 265-274, 2011.
- Gill RM, Belt P, Wilson L, Bass NM, Ferrell LD. Centrizonal Arteries and Microvessels in Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis. American Journal of Surgical Pathology. in press.
- 2003: Merit Award, American Society for Investigative Pathology
- 2006: Research Award, University of California, San Francisco, Department of Laboratory Medicine
- Associate Professor in Pathology
- Associate Director of Surgical Pathology
- Associate Residency Director
- Surgical Pathology
Surgical Pathology, Liver & GI Pathology, Hematopathology, Placental Pathology
- Phone: (415) 476-3212
- Pager: (415) 443-8111
- Fax: (415) 353-1200
- UCSF Department of Pathology
- 513 Parnassus Avenue
- Room S-541, Box 0102
- San Francisco, CA 94143-0102
- UCSF Medical Center
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital