Matthew Krummel, PhD
Research and Clinical Interests
Our research projects are aimed at understanding the molecular regulation of lymphocyte activation. We use real-time microscopic methods to image the dynamic movement of lymphocyte receptors during antigen recognition. We are also examining cell-cell interactions during immune responses against tumors.
- Zhang, Y., Chen, Y.C., Krummel, M.F., Rosen, S.D. 2012. Autotaxin through Lysophosphatidic Acid Stimulates Polarization, Motility, and Transendothelial Migration of Naive T Cells. J Immunol. Sep 7. [Epub ahead of print]
- Beemiller, P., Jacobelli, J., Krummel, M.F. 2012. Integration of Signaling Microclusters Movement with Cellular Motility in Immunological Synapses. Nature Immunology, Nat Immunol. Jul 1. doi: 10.1038/ni.2364.
- Thornton, E.E., Krummel, M.F., Looney, M.R. 2012. Live Imaging of the Lung. Curr Protoc Cytom. Apr;Chapter 12:Unit12.28.
- Thornton, E.E., Looney M.R., Bose, O,. Sen, D., Sheppard, D., Locksley, R., Huang, X., Krummel, M.F. 2012. Spatiotemporally Separated Antigen Uptake by Alveolar Dendritic Cells and Airway Presentation to T Cells in the Lung. J Exp Med., 209(6):1183-99.
- Engelhardt, J.J., Boldajipour, B., Beemiller, P., Pandurangi, P., Sorensen, C., Werb, Z., Egeblad, M., Krummel, M.F. 2012. Marginating Dendritic Cells of the Tumor Microenvironment Cross-Present Tumor Antigens and Stably Engage Tumor-Specific T Cells. Cancer Cell 21, March 20; 402-417.
- 2009-2012: Fellow of the American Asthma Foundation
- 2005-2010: Leukemia and Lymphoma Foundation, Career Award
- 2004-2007: Investigator Award, Cancer Research Institute.
- 1997-2000: NRSA Postdoctoral Fellowship, National Institutes of Health.
- 1996-1997: Postdoctoral Fellowship, Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International.
- 1998: PATENT: J.P.Allison, D.R.Leach, and M.F. Krummel. Blockade of T Lymphocyte Down-Regulation Associated with CTLA-4 Signaling. US Patent 5,811,097.
- 1987: Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship, Howard Hughes Medical Institute.