Kirk D. Jones, MD
Research and Clinical Interests
My interests are primarily in pulmonary pathology and cytopathology. I currently work closely with the lung transplant service and interpret the majority of the lung transplant biopsies. We are working on elucidating the role of airway rejection in chronic obliterative bronchiolitis (the leading cause of the failure of lung transplant graft survival). I also participate in a project to investigate the pathophysiology of acute lung injury.
- Jones KD. Whence Lepidic? Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013 Aug 12. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 23937575.
- Jones KD, Churg A, Henderson DW, Hwang DM, Wyatt JM, Nicholson AG, Rice AJ, Washington MK, Butnor KJ. Data Set for Reporting of Lung Carcinomas: Recommendations From International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013 Aug;137(8):1054-1062. PubMed PMID: 23899061.
- Jones KD, Urisman A. Histopathologic approach to the surgical lung biopsy in interstitial lung disease. Clin Chest Med. 2012 Mar;33(1):27-40. doi: 10.1016/j.ccm.2012.01.003. Review. PubMed PMID: 22365243.
- Jones KD. An update on lung cancer staging. Adv Anat Pathol. 2010 Jan;17(1):33-7. doi: 10.1097/PAP.0b013e3181c66f15. Review. PubMed PMID: 20032636.
- Clinical Professor
Pulmonary pathology and cytopathology
- See UCSF Directory
- Kirk D. Jones, MD
- Pathology, Box 0102
- 505 Parnassus Avenue, Room M-565
- San Francisco, CA 94143