Jean L. Olson, MD
Research and Clinical Interests
My chief clinical interest is renal pathology although I can also provide expertise in electron microscopy. My research interests include hypertension and nonimmunologic mechanisms of renal injury.
- Melcher, ML, Olson, JL, Baxter-Lowe, LA, Stock, PG, Posselt, AM, Antibody-Mediated rejection of a pancreas allograft, Am J Transplant, 6:423-8, 2006.
- Cheng, S, Pollock, AS, Mahimkar, R, Olson, JL, Lovett, DH, Matrix metalloproteinase 2 and basement membrane integrity: A unifying mechanism for progressive renal injury, FASEB J 20:1898-1900, 2006.
- Jennette JC, Olson JL, Schwartz MM, Silva FS, Heptinstall's Pathology of the Kidney, Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 6th Edition, 2007.
- Olson J: Chapter 4: Diagnostic Electron Microscopy. In Cheng L, Bostwick DG (eds) Essentials of Anatomic Pathology (3rd edition). 2010 New York, NY, Springer, in press.
- Stock, PG, Barin, B., Murphy, B., Hanto, D., Diego JM, Light, J. Davis, C, Blumberg, E, Simon, D, Subramanian, A, Millis, JM, Lyon, GM, Brayman, K, Slakey, D, Shapiro, R, Melancon, J, Jacobson, JM, Stosor, V, Olson, JL, Stablein, DM, Roland, ME, Kidney transplant outcomes in one hundred and fifty HIV-infected recipients, New Engl J Med , in press.
- 1993 Alumni Award for Excellence in Teaching, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- 1996 Residents’ Teaching Award, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco
- Professor of Clinical Pathology, Director, Renal Pathology and Electron Microscopy Laboratory
Renal Pathology and Electron Microscopy
- Phone: 415-476-2727
- Pager: 415-443-1683
- Fax: 415-514-2796
- UCSF, Dept of Pathology Room S-570
- 513 Parnassus Box 0102
- San Francisco, CA 94143
- UCSF Medical Center-Parnassus