Gregor Krings, MD, PhD
Research and Clinical Interests
I am primarily interested in translating biological insights in cancer biology towards improvements in breast cancer diagnostics and theranostics. Within this framework, my specific interests lie in the molecular characterization of breast cancer subtypes, precursor lesions and tumor progression, as well as the pathology of fibroepithelial neoplasms.
- Virella G., Koskinen S., Krings G., Onorato J.M., Thorpe S.R., and Lopes-Virella M. (2000) Immunochemical characterization of purified human oxidized low-density lipoprotein antibodies. Clin. Immunol. 95: 135-144.
- Vielma, S.A., Krings, G., and Lopes-Virella, M.F. (2003) Chlamydophila pneumoniae induces ICAM-1 expression in human aortic endothelial cells via protein kinase C-dependent activation of nuclear factor-kappaB. Circ. Res. 92: 1130-1137.
- Krings, G. and Bastia, D. (2004) swi1- and swi3-dependent and independent replication fork arrest at the ribosomal DNA of Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 101: 14085-14090.
- Krings, G. and Bastia, D. (2005) Sap1p binds to Ter1 at the ribosomal DNA of Schizosaccharomyces pombe and causes polar replication fork arrest. J. Biol. Chem. 280: 39135-39142.
- Krings, G. and Bastia, D. (2006) Molecular architecture of a eukaryotic DNA terminus-terminator protein complex. Mol. Cell. Biol. 26: 8061-8074.
- Bastia, D., Zzaman S., Krings, G., Saxena, M., Peng, X., and Greenberg, M.M. (2008) Replication termination mechanism as revealed by Tus-mediated polar arrest of a sliding helicase. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U S A. 105: 12831 - 12836.
- Vagefi, P.A., Stangenberg, L., Krings, G., Forcione, D.G., Fernandez-del Castillo, C., and Wargo, J.A. (2010) Ocular melanoma metastatic to the pancreas following a 28 year disease-free interval. Surgery 148: 151-154.
- Krings, G., Ramachandran, R, Jain, D., Wu, T.-T., Yeh, M.W., Torbenson, M., and Kakar, S. (2013) Immunohistochemical pitfalls and the importance of glypican 3 and arginase in the diagnosis of scirrhous hepatocellular carcinoma. Modern Pathology 26: 782-791.
- Krings, G.*†, Can, B.*, and Ferrell, L. (2013) Aberrant Centrizonal Features in Chronic Hepatic Venous Outflow Obstruction: Centrilobular Mimicry of Portal-based Disease. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 38: 205-214. *Co-first authors, †Corresponding author
- Krings, G.*, Nystrom, M., Mehdi, I., Vohra, P., and Chen, Y-Y. (2014) Diagnostic Utility and Sensitivities of GATA3 Antibodies in Triple Negative Breast Cancer. Human Pathology 45(11): 2225-32. *Corresponding author
- Assistant Professor
- Breast pathology; liver pathology
- Phone: (415) 514-0867
- Fax: (415) 353-1612
- University of California San Francisco
- Department of Pathology
- 1825 4th Street, Room M2355
- San Francisco, CA 94158
- Mt. Zion