Elham Khanafshar, MD, MS
Research and Clinical Interests
My clinical interest is mainly in cytopathology including exfoliative and aspiration cytology. I am also actively involved in general pathology sign out. My research interest is in endocrine pathology. I am collaborating with the department of Endocrine Surgery to investigate the new diagnostic tools in different endocrine neoplasms.
- W Moses, J Weng, E Khanafshar, QY Duh, O Clark, E Kebebew, “Multiple genetic alterations in papillary thyroid carcinoma are associated with younger age at presentation”, J Surg Res. 2010 May 15;160(2):179-83.
- MA Guerrero, MR Vriens, I Suh, E Khanafshar, OH Clark, “Intraoperative diagnostic strategy to differentiate parathyroid adenoma from metastatic thyroid cancer”, Endocr Pract. 2009 July/August; 15(5):454-457.
- GG Fernandez-Ranvier, E Khanafshar, D Tacha, M Wong, E Kebebew, QY Duh, OH Clark, “Defining a molecular phenotype for benign and malignant parathyroid tumors”, Cancer. 2009 Jan 15;115(2):334-44.
- DT Ruan, RS Warren, J Moalem, KW Chung, AC Griffin, W Shen, QY Duh, E Nakakura, DB Donner, E Khanafshar, J Weng, OH Clark, E Kebebew, “ Mitogen-inducible gene-6 expression correlates with survival and is an independent predictor of recurrence in BRAF(V600E) positive papillary thyroid cancer”, Surgery. 2008 Dec;144(6):908-14.
- GG Fernandez-Ranvier, J Weng, RF Yeh, E Khanafshar, I Suh, C Baker, QY Duh, O Clark, E Kebebew,“Identification of biomarkers of adrenocortical carcinoma using genomewide gene expression profiling”, Arch Surg. 2008 Sep;143(9):841-6.
- 2003 Nathan B. Friedman Award for the best poster presentation
- 2003 Leo Rigler Award for outstanding academic achievement
- 2001 Hans-Popper Award for outstanding Scientific Presntataion
- Associate Clinical Professor
- Surgical Pathology
- Endocrine Pathology
- See UCSF Directory
- Elham Khanafshar, MD, MS
- Pathology, Box 1785
- 1600 Divisadero Street, Room R207
- San Francisco, CA 94143
Other UCSF Organizational Association(s)
- Tissue Core Bank.