Andrew Horvai, MD, PhD
Research and Clinical Interests
My clinical activities include diagnostic surgical pathology (with special interest in bone and soft tissue pathology). My research focuses on the molecular pathogenesis of sarcomas as well as development of new diagnostic and prognostic tools in these rare tumors.
- Gill R, O'Donnell RJ, Horvai A. Utility of immunohistochemistry for endothelial markers in distinguishing epithelioid hemangioendothelioma from carcinoma metastatic to bone. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 133: 967-72, Jun/2009.
- Horvai AE, DeVries S, Roy R, O'Donnell RJ, Waldman F. Similarity in genetic alterations between paired well-differentiated and dedifferentiated components of dedifferentiated liposarcoma. Mod Pathol. 22: 1477-88, Nov/2009.
- Horvai AE (Editor). Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology; a volume in the High Yield Pathology Series.. Elsevier 2012.
- Solomon DA, Antonescu CR, Link TM, O'Donnell RJ, Folpe AL, Horvai AE. Hemosiderotic fibrolipomatous tumor, not an entirely benign entity. Am J Surg Pathol. 2013 Oct; 37(10):1627-30.
- Horvai AE, Jordan RC. Head Neck Pathol.Fibro-Osseous Lesions of the Craniofacial Bones: β-Catenin Immunohistochemical Analysis and CTNNB1 and APC Mutation Analysis. 2014 Mar 25.
- Clinical Professor, Associate Director of Surgical Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology
- Soft Tissue
- Phone: 415-885-7313
- Pager: 415-443-3451
- Fax: 415-353-1612
- Andrew Horvai, MD, PhD
- Pathology, Box 4066
- 1825 4th Street, Room M2354
- San Francisco, CA 94143