Anna B. Berry, MD
Research and Clinical Interests
I am responsible for the continued expansion of the Molecular Diagnostics laboratory at UCSF, where we use cutting edge molecular technology to improve cancer diagnostics through DNA and RNA analysis. I also perform and interpret Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) biopsies in the FNA biopsy clinic at Mt. Zion Hospital.
My research is centered on combining these 2 techniques to improve patient care, by using a highly effective, minimally invasive procedure to obtain a specific and informative diagnosis.
- O’Grady, A.B., Atkins, K.A., and Powers, C.N.: Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy of Endocrine Glands, In: Lloyd, R.V. (Ed). Endocrine Pathology: Differential Diagnosis and Treatment. Humana Press, September 2003.
- O’Grady, A.B., Dumur, C.I., Atkins, K.A., Powers, C.N., Wilkinson, D.S., Garrett, C.T., and Ferreira-Gonzalez, A.: Real-time quantitative PCR assay for lymphoma-associated t(14;18) in archival, Diff-Quik stained Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy Specimens. Modern Pathology, 2002; volume 15 [abstract #338].
- Member: United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, College of American Pathologists, Association for Molecular Pathology, American Society of Cytopathology, and the Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology
- CAP Spokesman
- CAP Public Affairs Committee
- ASC Committee on Legislative and Regulatory Affairs
- PSC Governmental Affairs Task Force
- HS Associate Professor of Pathology, Director of Molecular Genetics Pathology Fellowship
Cytopathology and Molecular Diagnostics
- Phone: (415) 353-7650
- 1600 Divisadero Street, Room B617
- San Francisco, CA 94115