Valerie L. Ng, MD, PhD
Research and Clinical Interests
Clinical Laboratory Medicine, clinical coagulation, laboratory hematology, laboratory management
- Smith R, Ng, VL, Twomey P, Harken A. Preoperative testing, planning, and risk stratification. Competency-based Surgical Care; Chapter 6. ACS Surgery: Principles and Practice. Marcel Dekker 2012.
- Ng VL. The Drudgery of Point of Care Testing. Invited editorial. JPOCT 2013;12(2):115-7.
- Ng VL. Validation: 101. Advance for Medical Laboratory Professionals 25(3):8,15.
- Ng VL, Saechao F. "False positive rate of a 4th generation HIV-1 antigen/antibody combo test relative to gender and pregnancy state." Abstract B-108, presented 07/31/13 0930, AACC annual meeting, Houston TX; ClinChem 2013;59(10):A202.
- Ng VL. Utilization Management in the Core Lab. Clinica Chemica Acta 427;154-7
- 2008: CLSI service award for service as Co-Chair, CLSI Education Committee
- 2011: Physician of the Year, Alameda County Medical Center
- 2013: Semi-finalist, “Teaching Value and Choosing Wisely” competition, Costs of Care, American Board of Internal Medicine Foundation
- Professor of Clinical Laboratory Medicine Emeritus
- Laboratory Medicine
- Phone: (510) 437-4671
- Fax: (510) 437-5045
- c/o Clinical Laboratory
- 1411 East 31st Street
- Oakland, CA 94602
- Alameda County Medical Center/Highland General Hospital