Nikolas P. Lemos, BS, MS, PhD
Research and Clinical Interests
Characterisation of postmortem redistribution (PMR) and postmortem interval (PMI) in Forensic Toxicology
Development and validation of analytical methodologies for the detection and quantitation of alcohol, drugs and other substances in toxicology-related specimens
The evaluation of keratinous biological matrices in the determination of past exposure to substances
The application of LC/MS/MS to Forensic Analytical Science and Toxicology
Drug testing and interpretation in alleged sexual assault cases
Epidemiology studies in Forensic Toxicology
Development and implementation of online and distance teaching and learning techniques in Forensic Science
- Melinek J and NP Lemos. Forensic Considerations in Bariatric Surgery Patients, Academic Forensic Pathology 3(1):13-21 (2013).
- Lemos NP and EA Ingle. Cannabinoids in Postmortem Toxicology. Journal ofAnalytical Toxicology 35(7):394-401 (2011).
- Lemos NP. Methamphetamine and Driving. Science & Justice 49(4): 247-9 (2009).
- Lemos NP. Postcard from America – post-mortem forensic toxicology. Medicine Science and the Law 45(3): 185-6 (2005).
- Lemos NP, F Bortolotti, G Manetto, RA Anderson, F Cittadini and F Tagliaro. Capillary Electrophoresis: A New Tool on Forensic Medicine & Science. Science and Justice 41: 203-210 (2001).
- Lemos NP, RA Anderson and JR Robertson. The Analysis of Methadone in Nail Clippings from Patients on a Methadone Maintenance Program. Journal of Analytical Toxicology 24(7): 656-660 (2000).
- Lemos NP, RA Anderson, R Valentini, F Tagliaro and RTA Scott. Analysis of Morphine by RIA and HPLC in Fingernail Clippings Obtained from Heroin Users. Journal of Forensic Sciences 45(2): 414-419 (2000).
- Lemos NP, RA Anderson and JR Robertson. Nail Analysis for Drugs of Abuse: Extraction and Determination of Cannabis in Fingernails by RIA and GC-MS. Journal of Analytical Toxicology 23: 147-152 (1999).
- Agarwal AK and NP Lemos. Significance of Bile Analysis in Drug-Induced Deaths. Journal of Analytical Toxicology 20: 61-63 (1996).
- 2009 American Association of Clinical Chemistry – Outstanding Speaker Award
- 2005 American Association of Clinical Chemistry – Outstanding Speaker Award
- 2005 109th Congress of the United States of America – Proclamation of Achievement
- 2005 State University of New York – College at Buffalo: Young Alumnus Achievement Award
- 2000 London South Bank University – School of Applied Sciences Award
- 1995 Northeastern Association of Forensic Scientists – Scholarship Award
- 1993 Chemcon Associates Inc. – Achievement Award
- 2010 California Emergency Management Agency – Paul Coverdell Federal Grant
- 2007 National Institute of Justice – Paul Coverdell Federal Grant
- 2005 National Institute of Justice – Paul Coverdell Federal Grant
- 2004 Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) – Travel Grant
- 2002 The Royal Society – Parliamentary Grant
- 2001 The Royal Society – Conference Grant
- 2000 London South Bank University – Course Development Grant
- 1999 Royal Society of Chemistry (Analytical Division) – Conference Grant
- Clinical Professor (WOS)
- Laboratory Medicine
- Forensic Medicine & Science
- Forensic Toxicology
- Criminal Justice
- Phone: (415) 553-9009
- Fax: (415) 553-9815
- San Francisco General Hospital