Deborah French, PhD
Research and Clinical Interests
My interests lie in the field of mass spectrometry and how we can utilize this technique to measure analytes in clinical samples. Currently we are running LC-MS/MS assays to measure total testosterone in serum and busulfan in plasma for the patients at UCSF medical center and I am developing an assay to measure estradiol in serum. In the future, we plan to develop assays to measure other small molecules and proteins in clinical samples.
- French, D., Wu, A.H.B. and Lynch, K.L. (2011) Hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) analysis of opiates and opioids in urine – significance of glucuronide metabolites. Bioanalysis. 3(23): 2603-2612.
- Wu, A.H.B., Gerona, R.R., Armenian, P., French, D., Petrie, M. and Lynch, K.L. (2012) Role of liquid chromatography-high resolution mass spectrometry (LC-HR/MS) in clinical toxicology. Clinical Toxicology. 50(8):733-742.
- Wu, A.H.B. and French D. (2013) Implementation of liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry into the clinical laboratory. Invited Critical Review. Clinica Chimica Acta. 420:4-10.
- French D. (2013) Development and validation of a serum total testosterone liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) assay calibrated to NIST SRM 971. Clinica Chimica Acta, 415:109-117.
- French D. and Terrazas E. (2013) The successful implementation of a licensed data management interface between a Sunquest® laboratory information system and an ABSCIEX mass spectrometer. Journal of Pathology Informatics 4:1.
- Rhea, J.M., French, D. and Molinaro, R.J. (2013) Direct total and free testosterone measurement by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry across two different platforms. Clinical Biochemistry 46:656-664.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Assistant Director of Chemistry and Director of Mass Spectrometry
- Laboratory Medicine
- Division: Chemistry
- Clinical Toxicology,
- Mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
- See UCSF Directory
- Deborah French, PhD
- Laboratory Medicine, Box 0134
- 185 Berry Street, Suite 290
- San Francisco, CA 94143
- Mt. Zion