Deborah French, PhD
Research and Clinical Interests
My interests lie in the field of mass spectrometry and how we can utilize this technique to measure analytes in clinical samples. Currently I am developing LC-MS/MS assays to measure testosterone and estradiol in human serum for the patients at UCSF medical center. In the future, we plan to develop assays to measure other small molecules and proteins in clinical samples.
- French, D., Armenian, P., Ruan, W., Wong, A., Drasner, K., Olson, K.R. and Wu, A.H.B. (2011) Serum verapamil concentrations before and after Intralipid® therapy during treatment of an overdose. Clinical Toxicology. In press.
- French, D., Branch, J., Wu, A.H.B., Winston, L. and Fiebig, E.W. (2011) A case of a rapid drop in lactate. American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 29(3):351-353.
- French, D., Gorgi, A.W., Ihenetu, K.U., Weeks, M.A., Lynch, K.L. and Wu, A.H.B. (2010) Vitamin D status of county hospital patients assessed by the Diasorin Liaison 25-hydroxyvitamin D assay. Clinica Chimica Acta. 412(3-4):258-262.
- French, D. (2010) Book review: Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders Clinical Lab Testing Manual, Robert F. Dons and Frank H. Wians Jr, editors. Fourth Edition. Clinica Chimica Acta. 411(21-22): 1839.
- French, D., Stone, J.A., Chang, J.S. and Wu, A.H.B. (2009) Choosing the right benzodiazepine assay: impact on clinical decision making. Lab Medicine 41(4):196-200.
- Ureda, N., Ruan, W., French, D. and Wu, A.H.B. (2009) Lack of gamma-hydroxybutyrate prevalence among an urban emergency department population. Journal of Analytical Toxicology 34:110-111.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Assistant Director of Chemistry and Director of Mass Spectrometry
- Laboratory Medicine
- Division: Chemistry
- Clinical Toxicology,
- Mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
- Phone: (415) 514-6627
- Fax: (415) 353-1178
- 185 Berry Street
- Suite 290
- San Francisco
- CA 94107
- Mt. Zion