Enrique Terrazas, MD, MS
Research and Clinical Interests
My interests include development of web-enabled applications to help automate the Clinical Laboratory. Other interests include improving resident education, improving the efficiency of delivery of laboratory information to clinicians, and implementation of video-conferencing software to enhance education and reduce travel time.
- Astion ML, Kim S, Terrazas E, Nelson A. Characteristics of Educational Software User in 106 Clinical Laboratories. Am J Clin Pathol 118:494-500, 2002.
- Terrazas E, Hamill TR, Wang Y, Channing Rodgers RP. Creating a clinical video-conferencing facility in a security-constrained environment using open-source AccessGrid software and consumer hardware. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2007; 716-20.
- Weiss RL, McKenna BJ, Lord-Toof M, Thompson NN. A consensus curriculum for laboratory management training for pathology residents. Am J Clin Pathol. 2011 Nov; 136(5):671-8.
- Goodman KW, Adams S, Berner ES, Embi PJ, Hsiung R, Hurdle J, Jones DA, Lehmann CU, Maulden S, Petersen C, Terrazas E, Winkelstein P. AMIA's Code of Professional and Ethical Conduct. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2013 Jan 1; 20(1):141-3.
- French D, Terrazas E. The successful implementation of a licensed data management interface between a Sunquest© laboratory information system and an AB SCIEX™ mass spectrometer. J Pathol Inform. 2013; 4:1. PMID: 23599901
- Clinical Professor
- Laboratory Medicine
- Chief of the Laboratory Information Systems
- Residency Training Program Director
- Director, Neonatal Clinical Physiology Laboratory (NCPL)
- Phone: (415) 514-8931
- Pager: (415) 443-0913
- Fax: (415) 353-4826
- UCSF Department of Laboratory Medicine
- 521 Parnassus Avenue, Box 0451
- San Francisco, CA 94143-0451
- Moffitt-Long Hospital
- Mt. Zion