Eberhard W. Fiebig, MD
Research and Clinical Interests
I am interested in blood and transfusion safety questions and issues related to transfusion practice, particularly massive transfusion in trauma.
- Fiebig EW, Heldebrant CM, Smith RIF, Conrad AJ, Delwart EL, Busch MP. Intermittent low-level viremia in very early primary HIV-1 infection. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 39:133-137, 2005.
- Fiebig EW, Wright DJ, Rawal BD, Garrett PE, Schumacher RT, Peddada L, Heldebrant C, Smith R, Conrad A, Kleinman SH, Busch MP. Dynamics of HIV viremia and antibody seroconversion in plasma donors: implications for diagnosis and staging of primary HIV infection. AIDS 17:1-9, 2003.
- Biswas R, Tabor E, Hsia CC, Wright DJ, Laycock ME, Fiebig EW, Peddada L, Smith R, Schreiber GB, Epstein JS, Nemo GJ, Busch, MP. Comparative sensitivity of HBV NATs and HBsAg assays for detection of acute HBV infection. Transfusion 43: 788-98, 2003.
- 1994 Academy of Clinical Laboratory Young Investigator Award, Physicians and Scientists (ACLPS)
- 1994 University of California, San Diego David J. Epstein Memorial, Department of Pathology Research Award
- Professor & Vice Chair, UCSF Dept. of Laboratory Medicine; Director, SFGH Clinical Laboratory
- Laboratory Medicine
- Transfusion Medicine, Hematology
- Phone: (415) 206-8588
- Pager: (415) 764-0119
- Fax: (415) 206-3045
- Clinical Laboratory
- NH 2M24, SFGH, 1001 Potrero Avenue,
- SF, CA 94110
- San Francisco General Hospital & Trauma Center (SFGH)
- UCSF Medical Center (UCSFMC)