Donna G. Albertson, PhD
Research and Clinical Interests
Research in the laboratory focuses on identification of genomic alterations in oral cancers and precancers and functional evaluation of the consequences of deregulated expression of genes mapping to these regions of recurrent abnormality. Goals include identification of pathways deregulated in oral cancer and use of genomic aberrations as biomarkers for monitoring tumor margins and progression of precancers. We are also studying the underlying mechanisms of genetic instability that promote particular types of genomic alterations (copy number aberration phenotype) in tumors.
- Snijders, A.M., Fridlyand, J., Mans, D.A., Segraves, R., Jain, A.N., Pinkel, D. and Albertson, D.G. 2003. Shaping of tumor and drug resistant genomes by instability and selection. Oncogene 22, 4370-4379.
- Snijders, A. M., Schmidt, B. L., Fridlyand, J., Dekker, N., Pinkel, D., Jordan, R. C. K. and Albertson, D. G. 2005. Rare amplicons implicate frequent deregulation of cell fate specification pathways in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Oncogene 24, 4232-4242.
- Snijders, A.N., Nowak, N. J., Huey, B., Fridlyand, J., Law, S., Conroy, J., Tokuyasu, T., Demir, K., Chiu, R., Mao, J.-H., Jain, A.N., Jones, S.J.M., Balmain, A., Pinkel, D. and Albertson, D.G. 2005. Mapping segmental and sequence variations among laboratory mice using BAC array CGH. Genome Res., 15, 302-311.
- Fridlyand, J., Snijders, A. M., Ylstra, B., Li H., Olshen, A., Segraves, R., Dairkee, S., Tokuyasu, T., Ljung, B. M., Jain, A. N., McLennan, J., Ziegler, J., Chin, K., Devries, S., Feiler, H., Gray, J. W., Waldman, F., Pinkel, D., Albertson, D. G. 2006. Breast tumor copy number aberration phenotypes and genomic instability. BMC Cancer 6, 96 [Epub ahead of print]
- Albertson, D. G. 2006. Gene amplification in cancer. Trends Genet., 22, 447-455.
- Leukemia/Lymphoma Society Scholar Award
- Stewart Family Trust Scholar Award
- American Society of Hematology Junior Faculty Scholar Award
- Professor in Residence Laboratory Medicine and Cancer Research Institute, Associate Director Cancer Research Institute, Evelyn and Mattie Anderson Endowed Chair in Cancer Research
- Laboratory Medicine
- Phone: (415) 502-8463
- Fax: (415) 476-8218
- Box 0808
Other UCSF Organizational Association(s)
- Human Genetics Program