Barbara L. Haller, MD, PhD
Research and Clinical Interests
My research and clinical interests include the evaluation of diagnostic methods for the detection and characterization of microorganisms. We conduct studies of the clinical utility of rapid testing methods used for diagnosis of infectious diseases. I am also interested in defining training curricula and teaching methods in Laboratory Medicine for medical students and residents.
- Pan, E.S., B.A. Diep, H.A. Carleton, E.D. Charlebois, G.F. Sensabaugh, B.L. Haller, and F. Perdreau-Remington. Increasing Prevalence of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Infection in California Jails. Clin. Inf. Dis. (2003) 37: 1384-1388.
- Winston, L.G., S. Pang, B.L. Haller, M. Wong, H.F. Chambers, and F. Perdreau-Remington. API 20 Strep Identification System May Incorrectly Speciate Enterococci with Low Level Resistance to Vancomycin. Diag. Micro. Inf. Dis. (2004) 48: 287-288.
- Elbeik, T., N. Markowitz, P. Nassos, U. Kumar, S. Beringer, B. Haller, and V. Ng. Simultaneous Run of the Bayer VERSANT HIV-1 Version 3.0 and HCV bDNA Version 3.0 Quantitative Assays on the System 340: Reliable Quantitation with Improved Work Flow. J. Clin. Micro. (2004) 42: 3120-3127.
- Ohm-Smith, M.J., P.S. Nassos, and B.L. Haller. Evaluation of the Binax NOW, BD Directogen, and BD Directogen EZ Assays for Detection of Respiratory Syncytial Virus. J. Clin. Micro. (2004) 42: 2996-2999.
- Smith, B.R., A. Wells, C.B. Alexander, E. Bovill, S. Campbell, A. Dasgupta, M. Fung, B. Haller, J.G. Howe, C. Parvin, E. Peerschke, H. Rinder, S. Spitalnik, R. Weiss, M. Wener. Curriculum Content and Evaluation of Resident competency in clinical Pathology (Laboratory Medicine): A Proposal. Clin. Chem. (2006) 52 (6).
- 1988 Elected to Alpha Sigma Nu, The National Jesuit Honor Society
- 1988 1st Place Winner, AOA Student Research Forum, St. Louis Univ. School of Medicine
- 1989 Elected to Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- 1990 Mueller-Pecha Award for Best Research, Graduating Senior, SLU Medical School
- 1990 Pathology Departmental Award, Graduating Senior, SLU Medical School
- 1993 Young Investigator Award, Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists
- HS Associate Clinical Professor of Laboratory Medicine, Chief of Microbiology, Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital & Trauma Center
- Laboratory Medicine
- See UCSF Directory
- Barbara L. Haller, MD, PhD
- Laboratory Medicine, Box ZSFG
- 1001 Potrero Avenue, Building 5, Room 2M35
- San Francisco, CA 94143
- Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital & Trauma Center